|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Palau Aggressor II :


Log Date: Sunday, Dec 03, 2017
Entry By: Palau Aggressor Crew


Palau Aggressor Charter December 3rd – 10th 2017

Water Temp: 80-85 deg F

Air Temp: 85-90 deg F

Crew: Dan, Shea, Ernan, June, Jay, Joe, and Ronnie


This Sunday we welcomed 15 guests to the Palau Aggressor. All of the guests arrived ready to dive. After a briefing from Captain Dan, and introductions of the crew, the guests were treated to an amazing meal from Chef Ronnie. When they were all fed and happy, they went to bed in their spacious cabins. Early the next morning the vessel would make its way to the reef to start their week of diving.

When we arrived to the reef early we would start by a quick briefing detailing the weeks diving, then out we would go to the first dive. To start the week we would go to Barnum’s wall. A steep sloping g garden with lots of nudibranchs, a few turtles, and white tip sharks cruising by as we searched the site. After that we would go to Blue holes a giant cavern with 4 holes dropping into it. There we would see a giant barracuda, the groovy disco clam, and lots of small corals. On the way out we would go towards the famous blue corner. This is the site we would go to next. Out first hook-in site, we would see the famous sharks of Palau, and the super friendly Napoleon Wrasse. Everyone got a great close-up of this giant. After that we would do our last dive at German channel where we would see three huge mantas flying majestically overhead.

The next morning we would be in Peleliu, where we would go out first to Da Cut, one of the most advanced sites we do, everyone did great as we cruised quickly down the reef seeing sharks and jacks alike. The next dive would be at West wall. A steep wall with lots of sea fans and soft coral. After a great lunch we would go to Orange beach, the site of the American invasion against the Japanese. This site has war artifacts on it including coke bottles, bullets and magazines, and bombs. Always an amazing dive. The last day dive would be to Barracks point; here the guests would get to see 3 giant clams, lots of turtles, schools of barracuda and beautiful reef. That night we would go to Ngedebus Coral Garden. A wonderful site where they would see the plurabranch larger cousin to the nudibranch, and lots of eels, and tiny crabs and shrimps.

Wednesday would find us back at blue corner. This time the current was perfect and the marine life was spectacular, sharks, napoleon wrasse, and all sorts of other critters along the wall and plateau. After this dive we would go to new drop off. Another hook-in dive. Here we would see the usual sharks, a tomato anemone and lots of schooling fish. After lunch we head to Turtle cove where we didn’t see any turtles, but we got to see lots of eels, many sharks and swarms of schooling jacks and barracuda. German channel was next; here the guests would be treated to 3 Manta’s feeding in midwater. An amazing site anytime. The night dive would be back to German channel. A slow relaxing dive where we would see lots on nocturnal life.

The boat would then move to Ulong where the first survivor was filmed, early we would wake up to Ulong channel as the first dive, a fast drift where we would see lots of sharks, 2 giant clams, a few nudibranchs, and a wall of lettuce coral. Next we would go to Siaes tunnel. Here we would see the heilfrichs dart fish, a few nudibranchs, then we would go up to the top of the reef and search the upper reef for all things great and small. Next we go to Siaes corner. The guests would see a few sharks and a few schools of all sorts of different fish. An amazing dive. After that we would go to sandy paradise to see the leaf scorpion fish, Mantis shrimp, and sharks passing over the sand. That night we would return to sandy paradise.

Early the next morning the guests would get up to a great breakfast by Chef Ronnie. They would then return to Siaes Corner to see the school of sharks, and all of the schools of fish that accompany them, after we would go back to Ulong channel and this time we would go past the clams and see a large group of white tip sharks and a few reef sharks before doing our safety stop. We would then make our way back towards Koror during lunch to go to the wrecks in the harbor. First would be the IRO where we would see the cuttlefish, then we would go to the Helmet wreck and see the only wreck that has artifacts left.

The final morning would be spent at chandelier cave where we would see the caves that have air pockets in them where you can breathe. Then you go outside the cave and find the elusive mandarin fish. A beautiful multicolored fish. The last dive of the week would be to Jakes sea plane, sunken in 45 feet of water, it well preserved and a really great looking wreck all around it is a coral garden filled with all sorts of life.

This week was an epic week of diving with great guests, and nice weather. The diving was great and a good time was had by all.