Aggressor Fleet is the exclusive reservation office for the Cuba Travel Program through Oceans For Youth Foundation. All Travelers, Dive Stores, Travel Agencies and Tour Operators may contact the Aggressor Fleet reservations office for more information.
The Cuba Travel Program is available for everyone from 10 years of age and older including individual travelers, families, couples or groups.
Cuba Travel Programs - Two Options
Learn about Cuba’s unique marine environment during an Oceans for Youth Foundation People-to-People educational program.The Cuba Travel Program offers two options for People-to-People programs;
* Cuba Travel Program I: offers 10 days/9 nights arriving in Havana, Cuba on Thursday and departing Havana, Cuba on Saturday. (Includes 2 hotel nights and 7 liveaboard nights on Jardines Aggressor I)
VIEW ITINERARY MAP
* Cuba Travel Program II: (Begins June 22, 2017) offers 8 days/7 nights arriving in Santa Clara or Camaguey, Cuba on Saturday for transfer to the boat and departing from Santa Clara or Camaguey, Cuba on Saturday. (Includes 7 liveaboard nights on Jardines Aggressor II)
VIEW ITINERARY MAP
Cuba Program Travel I
For travelers on the Cuba Travel Program I, you will spend 2 hotel nights at the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel in Havana, and will visit with Cuban scientists and marine experts about ocean conservation and cultural exchanges. One of these will include a presentation by world renowned expert, Dr. Julio A. Baisre. Interactive exchanges will discuss how Cuba has maintained one of the healthiest marine ecosystems in the Caribbean. Travelers will visit the Fortress of El Morro and Habana Vieja before spending a week on the Jardines Aggressor liveaboard. Seven days of the program will be spent on the Jardines Aggressor liveaboard exploring the spectacular Gardens of the Queen (Jardines de la Reina) National Park, located 60 miles off the southern coast. During the week, biologists and Cuban specialists will host discussions and presentations on the marine environment, conservation, and the importance of this magnificient ecosystem.
Presenter - Cuba Travel Program I
The Cuba Travel Program will include a presentation by Dr. Julio Baisre, world renowned expert in the study of spiny lobster. Dr. Baisre graduated in 1968 from the University of Havana as a marine biologist. He completed his Ph.D. in Fisheries, “Fisheries Resources of the Cuban Archipelago: Ecological Background and Strategies for Management.” He was awarded the Carlos J. Finlay Order, Cuba’s highest scientific recognition, served as President of the Cuban Aquaculture Society and headed the multidisciplinary group which drafted the new Fisheries Law which was formally approved by the Cuban Council of State. He has been instrumental in the development, introduction and enforcement of many regulations in the Cuban fisheries sector including aquaculture development, species introduction and licensing systems.
Cuba Travel Program I Details:
- Includes transfers to/from Havana José Martí International Airport; located 9 miles from Havana on start/end day of program. Transfers are included for flights arriving between 11 am - 3:30 pm Thursday. Guests arriving before/after that time will need to make their own way to the hotel. (dinner Thursday night is at 7 pm) Travelers flight must arrive by 5 pm Thursday for the 7 pm dinner and program.
- The hotel/land package is not included in the price - 2 nights hotel accommodations at the Iberostar Parque Central Hotel in Havana and all meals. (see pricing for Jardines Aggressor I and land/hotel package below)
- Full day Friday; Meeting with Cuban scientists and biologists speaking on ocean conservation and research, visit to Fortress of El Morro, Habana Vieja, visit with a neighborhood association and lunch and dinner at a local Cuban restaurant.
- Includes Saturday transfer from Havana to Jucaro for boarding of the Jardines Aggressor I liveaboard, Sunday to Friday Gardens of the Queen scuba diving and meeting with Cuban biologists, Saturday disembarkation transfer to Havana José Marti International Airport and all meals.
- Visit Cuba Travel Program Pricing
Cuba Travel Program I - Hotel Accommodations
Parque Central Hotel, Havana
Travelers will enjoy staying at the elegant 5-star Iberostar Parque Central Hotel located in central Havana, Cuba Thursday and Friday nights. Known for its Spanish colonial-style architecture, which pulls in the rich culture of the streets, the IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is an excellent starting point for the Cuba Travel Program I which is nestled in the heart of Havana. Travelers will admire beautiful city views from the charming French windows and doors of the hotel. The restaurant has some of the best international cuisine in Havana, but above all, the most impressive Cuban fare.The hotel is conveniently close to the José Martí International Airport and only 20 minutes away.
Boarding/Disembarking Cuba Travel Program I - Jardines Aggressor I
Saturday morning travelers will enjoy a buffet breakfast at the hotel from 7 - 7:45 am before departing Havana as a group at 8 am for a 5 - 6 hour drive (lunch included) to Jucaro to board the Jardines Aggressor I. After all travelers are onboard, the boat will depart for the Gardens of the Queen. Throughout the week, scuba diving will be offered from Sunday until Friday around noon. The Jardines Aggressor I will depart after lunch back to Jucaro where travelers will stay onboard for dinner then depart Saturday morning as a group back to the José Martí Airport for their flight home.
Saturday morning between 4 - 5 am, travelers will depart the Jardines Aggressor I for a 6 hour trip to the José Marti International Airport where the Cuba Travel Program will end. Travelers will stop for lunch on the way to the airport. Arrival at the airport will be at approximately 12 pm.
Cuba Travel Program II
For travelers on the Cuba Travel Program II, you will spend 7 nights onboard the Jardines Aggressor II liveaboard exploring the spectacular Gardens of the Queen (Jardines de la Reina) National Park, located 60 miles off the southern coast. During the week, Cuban specialists will host nightly discussions and presentations on the marine environment, conservation, and the importance of this magnificient ecosystem. Interactive exchanges will discuss how Cuba has maintained one of the healthiest marine ecosystems in the Caribbean.
Cuba Travel Program II Details:
- Transfers are included to/from the Santa Clara Airport (Abel Santamaria Airport) or Camaguey (Ignacio Agramonte Airport); both are located 2 1/2 hours from Jucaro where the Jardines Aggressor II departs from. Transfers are included for flights arriving between (tbd) pm Saturday. Guests arriving before may wait for the transfer. Travelers must be onboard no later than (tbd) pm Saturday for dinner and the program.
- During the week, Cuban biologists will be speaking on ocean conservation and the ecosystem of the Gardens of the Queen.
- Diving at the Gardens of the Queen starts Sunday morning to Friday.
- Saturday am (tbd) disembarkation transfer to the Santa Clara Airport or Camaguey Airport.
- All meals are included in the Cuba Travel Program
- Visit Cuba Travel Program Pricing
Boarding/Disembarking Cuba Travel Program II - Jardines Aggressor II
All travelers must be onboard the boat by (tbd) pm to depart for the Gardens of the Queen. Throughout the week, scuba diving will be offered from Sunday until Friday afternoon. The Jardines Aggressor II will depart after lunch back to Jucaro where travelers will stay onboard for dinner then depart Saturday morning as a group back to the Santa Clara or Camaguey Airports for their flight home. (2 1/2 travel time)
General Information for Both Programs - I and II
Flight Information - Getting There
There are many daily international flights available. Aggressor Adventure Travel is an authorized travel provider for the Cuba Travel Program I & II and can book your airline travel reservations. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information. For Cuba Travel Program I, guests flights to Havana must arrive by 3:30 pm to meet the transfer to the hotel or by 5 pm Thursday for the 7 pm dinner and program (must make your own way to the hotel). For Cuba Travel Program II, guests flights must arrive at the Camaguey Airport at (tbd) or Santa Clara Airport on Saturday by (tbd) to meet the transfer transportation to the Jardines Aggressor II.
Passport & Visa Documentation
A passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your return date for your international flight. Some countries will require a Visa. As a traveler, you are required to obtain all necessary documents for entry requirements to your destination. Your Passport details must be current and exactly the same as the Letter of Authorization at the time of travel. (You will print the Letter of Authorization when completing the GIS prior to departing) Travelers are on a People-To-People Program.
Cuba Airport Departure Tax
Most airlines include the departure tax in the cost of the ticket, please verify with the airline carrier.