Aggressor Fleet is proud to introduce a monthly photo contest where you choose who wins! We will post on the first of each month all guest photos received the prior month in an album on Aggressor Fleet's Facebook page. Fans will vote ('Like') for their favorite photo(s).
Vote on the Aggressor Fleet Facebook page. At the end of each month, the winning photos will be determined by the highest number of "Likes".
The top three will win prizes and be automatically entered into the annual photo contest for the grand prizes.
1st Place - $300 Gift Certificate & Aggressor Fleet Backpack
2nd & 3rd Place - $150 Gift Certificate
PLUS – An Aqua Lung Nautilus Travel Snorkel ($40 value)
will be awarded to each monthly winner.
Annual Grand Prizes:
$2,000 Gift Certificate from Aggressor Fleet
$1000 Gift Certificate from Aggressor Fleet
$500 Gift Certificate from Aggressor Fleet
How to Vote:
Browse to the Aggressor Fleet Facebook page, click on 'Like' at the top of the page if you are not currently a fan.
Click on the photo tab on the left side and then choose the current month photo contest album. Browse the great photos and click on 'Like' for your favorite!
Photo Specifications & Submission Rules:
- One photo per month may be submitted.
- You may only submit photos that you have taken yourself and own full copyright to. (Images taken from a land based or water based pre or post cruise extension are not eligible.)
- All photos must be at least 2500 pixels at the longest length.
- Photos cannot be watermarked or have any text appearing in the main image area.
- All photo’s must have been taken on an Aggressor Fleet yacht cruise that has completed travel within 180 days of the submission. Applying the 180 day rule – you may submit up to 6 images total from any one cruise, one a month for 6 months.
Please Note: Photos taken while participating in the Cuba Travel Program aboard the Jardines Aggressor I or II are Not Eligible for the Aggressor Fleet Facebook Photo Contest .
- Please use our Entry Form to submit your jpeg file. Remember, you may enter one photo each month.
- Photos taken as a result of harassment to marine life that could be harmful to the subject may be disqualified at the judges' discretion.
- This is a photography contest, not a Photoshop contest. Photoshop (or similar imaging software) has become a necessary tool for processing images, but it is not a substitute for good photography. Therefore we are providing these guidelines on what modification is acceptable and what is not.
Global changes; color temperature, brightness, contrast, dodge & burn, sharpening, saturation changes, tonal adjustments, color balance adjustments and changes that can be made using a Camera RAW converter.
Rotation, flip and flop.
Limited removal of backscatter. This does not mean removing divers, fish, etc.
Cropping is allowed.
Cutting and pasting sections of images from another part of an image or from another image. No cloning objects or composite images. For example, moving fish, reef or any other elements of a photo, adding a glow to simulate a flashlight, or adding a diver or animal silhouette in the background.
No double exposures.
Original RAW or JPEG files straight out of the camera may be requested for auditing purposes, for the top ranking images. If a RAW or original JPEG image is not available, the photo may be disqualified.
All subjects must be alive and in their natural environment. No captive animals will be considered and no entrapment of any kind is permissible.
All photos must be taken during your cruise. Images of the yacht, land excursions part of the primary cruise, or the “LiveAboard Lifestyle” onboard are also eligible.
Images that have previously been awarded prizes in other photo contests, are not allowed.
Rule change effective starting with the 2015 photo contest. This contest is for recreational guests of Aggressor Fleet (1st timers with point and shoot cameras and serious amateurs). Professional or semi-professionals are not allowed to enter the contest and will be determined solely by management. If you are not sure, please ask.
Contest will start on the first of each month and end on the last day of the month. Winners and prizes will be awarded soon after the end of the month.
All judges decisions are final.
If you have any questions, please email us.
Prize Terms and Conditions:
All prize vouchers must be redeemed and travel completed within 12 months from the date of issuance. Prize voucher must be used by the photographer and is non transferable and non commissionable. One prize voucher may be redeemed per trip.
Prize vouchers are not valid for use on group travel or on discounted/promotional charters.
Grand Prize: In the event that multiple photographs by the same photographer receive votes that place them in the top three, the prize will be awarded for the highest placement based on their respective votes and fourth place will be moved up and awarded the 3rd place prize.
Use of Photos
All photos entered into the contest will be uploaded into an image gallery posted on the Aggressor Fleet Facebook pages where voting by the fleet’s “fans” will occur. If you don’t want your image on facebook.com please don’t enter.
Entrants, by submitting images, grant permission for Aggressor Fleet to use this image, your name, and/or title of award photo in their marketing programs to promote the yachts and destinations without additional compensation. This would include both electronic and print materials.