The Zapata peninsula contains the largest and most important wetlands in the Caribbean.
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2003, the immense Zapata Biosphere Reserve is made up of healthy marshes, mangroves, coral reefs and forests that are home to crocodiles, birds, shellfish, turtles, and countless plants that make conservation in this region a top priority. Walls covered with sponges, black coral, caverns, schooling fish and abundant macro life makes Zapata a true divers delight.
An Aggressor destination since 2015.
A representative will assist with transportatation from Havana, Varadero or Santa Clara airports to Playa Largo where the Jardines Aggressor I is located and where your Zapata, Bay of Pigs adventure starts. There is a per person rate that must be prepaid and reserved in advance. During the week, divers will spend a week exploring and learning about this magnificent biosphere reserve.
- The first dive begins Sunday morning. The week will include 5 1/2 days of diving with up to four dives per day and two on Friday and conservation program.
- Jardines Aggressor I has two 7 ft x 30 ft, strong sided tenders with sturdy aluminum ladders on each side.
- All dives are from tenders.
- 1-3mm wetsuit or shorty is recommended.
- Water temperature range from 78 - 82F, 25 - 28C.