|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Rock Islands Aggressor :


Log Date: Sunday, Jan 11, 2015
Entry By: Tropic Dancer Crew


On Sunday all of guests came in on the 9:15pm flight so we picked them up from the airport and brought them to the boat. In total we welcomed on 17 guests from the US. We covered the room briefings and the group decided to start the rest of the briefings tomorrow, so we had a snack prepared for them in the salon and soon everyone headed to bed. Early Monday morning we started moving the big boat to Ulong. The weather forecast is telling us that we have a bad storm heading our way; all of our divers are experienced so we headed straight out to Ulong for our check out dive. If the forecast is right we might not be able to dive on the outer reef come Thursday or Friday, and we can always dive the wrecks in the protected harbor. After breakfast we started with the safety briefing and vessel orientation. Then we went right into the general dive briefing, after we handed out the lifelines and headed to the dive deck to set up our dive gear. We checked certification cards and at 10am our first dive was Sandy Paradise. We entered the water, did a weight check, and started the dive. We saw a couple of anemones, sharks, and leaf scorpion fish. The school of big eyed crescent tails made for nice photos. After lunch we headed out to a deeper dive at Siaes Tunnel. We descended down the wall to the entrance of the tunnel and entered along the ceiling. In the middle of the tunnel we found the decorated dart fish and the blue backed angel fish. We exited with the wall on the right and saw some sharks out in the blue and turtles along the wall. After the dive we covered the reef hook briefing because dive four was at Siaes Corner. We checked the current at the corner it was very mild, we started with the wall on the right.  When we arrived at the corner and we hooked in. With the light current we saw a couple of sharks. We unhooked to explore the coral garden and found a turtle. Dinner was soon ready after we arrived at the big boat. For the nights entertainment we watched a Palau fish ID slideshow, and soon after everyone was off to bed.

Tuesday morning we started the day with Ulong Channel. The current was light and incoming. We entered the water and swam along the wall towards the hook in area. We hooked in at the mouth of the channel and had a couple of sharks in front of us. The current was still very light so we unhooked and started into the channel. We made it about half way into the channel and the current switched to outgoing. We turned around and went with the flow.  Dive two was at Ulong Coral Garden. We started the dive from the mooring furthest out from the mouth of the channel, and went wall on the left towards the channel. Along the way we stopped for pictures at a beautiful anemone that was balled up and continued to the rubble area under the close mooring to the mouth. Here we saw the giant clam and also found a dragon wrasse. We could tell that the current was now incoming so we headed across to the mouth and saw a couple of sharks. We ended the dive drifting into the channel. During lunch the big boat headed around to the German Channel area.  Dive three was at New Drop Off. We started the dive from the outgoing side of the corner and hooked in. We had a couple of sharks, a school of barracuda, at the hook in area. We then unhooked and explore the plateau. We saw the resident green sea turtle, and the school of blue lined snapper. For dive four we set out to Big Drop Off. We started the dive with the wall on our left; we passed the ball and chain left over from WWII and then the current switched, so we turned around. Good thing we did, one of the crew found a rare robust ghost pipe fish and then further down a beautiful devil scorpion fish. After dinner we planned on going back to Big Drop Off for the night dive, but none of the guests wanted to go. Wednesday morning we started the day with Blue Corner. The current was incoming and we started the dive from the last mooring. As we headed to the hook in area the napoleon wrasse found us and stayed with us for the whole dive. We hooked in at the 45 hook in area and had a great show. There were sharks, Jacks, and black snapper in front of us. Then the current started to switch to outgoing. We unhooked and started across the plateau. The current then died off and we spent the rest of the dive at the corner playing with the napoleon wrasse and swimming with the school of blue lined snapper. Blue Holes was the site of our second dive. The swells were too large for us to enter through the top, so we descended down along the wall and entered the chamber through the hole at 55 feet. We enjoyed the ambient light that filled the chamber from above, we found the disc clams, and then exited the chamber. As we exited some of the guests saw two sailfish in the blue, but they didnt stay long. We then headed towards Blue Corner. When we got closer to the corner the current was slack so we just came up on top the plateau and soon started our safety stop. After lunch our third dive was at Turtle Cove. We saw a lot of macro life which this dive is known for. We did see some turtles on top the plateau. For our fourth dive we went to Ngedebus Corner. We entered the water and found a beautiful anemone with a porcelain crab and close by was a scorpion fish. We continued along with the wall on our right and found several nudis, and a turtle. During dinner we moved the big boat back inside German channel. The weather forecast is telling us that the wind and wave will be coming from the west tomorrow so we decided to move to where we would be protected. For the night dive we planned on going to German Coral Garden but none of the guests wanted to go. We watched a documentary on the WWII battle of Peleliu.   Thursday morning we woke up and the weather forecast was correct. During the night the wind switched to the west and the outer reef had some large swell and was choppy do to the wind. For our first dive we went to German Channel. It was the start of the incoming current and we started from the Peleliu side of the channel. We sat down in the sand around the Peleliu side cleaning station. Two grey reef sharks were getting cleaned the whole time we were there. We did see the baby manta do a slow pass by above us, so we left that cleaning station thinking she was heading to the Koror side cleaning. When we arrived at the cleaning station the baby manta was not there, but there was a Feathertail ray sleeping on the bottom. We waited there for awhile but no mantas came in. We headed towards the center of the mouth and one of the crew was able to find an extremely rare ornate ghost pipe fish so we all spent some time with it and then came up to do our safety stop. For dive two we went out to Ngemelis Wall. We did our entries and drifted along with the wall on our left. We found a lot of macro life and two long nose hawk fish in a large black coral bush. During lunch we moved the big boat on the inside reef closer to Peleliu North Dock and soon we sent the guests on a Peleliu WWII land tour explore Peleliu and learn about the battle that took place on this island. When they came back from the land tour we moved the big boat back to the inside of German Channel and for our last excursion of the day we headed out to Ngemelis Wall for a dusk dive. The current was again incoming and we drifted along with the wall on the left. We found several nudis and 2 octopuses and a couple of lionfish. All the cup coral started coming out to feed as it got darker. Big at the big boat we sat down to dinner. On Friday morning we woke up to some sun shine and light wind from the south west. Our guests wanted to dive the wrecks so we planned on heading back to Koror to do some wreck dives to end the charter. We did one last dive before heading up, at German Channel. We started the dive from the Koror side of the channel this time, descended down and stopped at the red anemone for photos. Then as we headed to the cleaning station we found a couple of leaf scorpion fish. At the cleaning station we sat down in the sand and waited no mantas. We then swam towards the middle of the channel to see if we could find the ornate ghost pipe fish. It was still hanging out in the same group of crinoids, then in another group of crinoids we found another ornate ghost pipe fish. All the photographers took their photos and then we ended the dive drifting into the channel. When we returned to the big boat it started moving back to Koror. Our next excursion was Jelly Fish Lake. Everyone enjoyed this unique snorkel with an estimated 13 million jelly fish. We had the lake to ourselves and it was beautiful. The skiff then caught back up to the big boat and during lunch we continued the rest of the way to Koror. Dive three was at Light House Channel. The current was outgoing and was moving at the start. We started the dive from the mooring and drifted along the slopping coral garden. We went straight to the bottom of the channel to find the wreck. The wreck is covered with soft coral and we found several pipe cleaner nudis. We then moved to the shallower depth. Half of the guests found a crocodile fish and 2 octopuses. For dive four we went to the Helmet wreck. We entered the water and descended from the stern to the bow, at the bow the visibility got worse so we turned around and spent the rest of the dive checking out the WWII artifacts on the stern of the wreck. We returned to the big boat and soon after, dinner was ready and the guests all sat down to chef Manis final supper that consisted of turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli & stuffing. After dinner we watched Andys video of the week, we all enjoyed a look back at this great weekWe woke up Saturday morning and started the day with a shallow dive at the Jake Sea Plane. All the photographers took their time photographing the plane from every angle.  Our last dive of the charter was at Chandelier Cave. We surfaced in all four air chambers to take photos of the stalactites and once we exited the cave we found the mandarin fish in the shallow coral garden. We also spotted two spinney devil fish outside the entrance of the cave. After a day of cleaning, drying and packing scuba gear, we gathered in the salon at 6pm for the cocktail party and watch our slideshow trip video of the week and soon after all the guests headed off into town for dinner. After the guests came back from dinner we said our goodbyes as all our guests left to the airport for their very early morning flight. 16 of the guests were heading to Yap to continue their diving vacation and the 1 headed home. We would like to thank all of our guests for joining us this week aboard the Tropic Dancer. Hope to see you all again soon

Tropic Dancer Crew