|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Palau Aggressor II :


Log Date: Sunday, Feb 01, 2015
Entry By: Palau Aggressor Crew


Water Temp. 82-86 degrees

Air Temp: 78-86 deg F

Crew: Zach, Hector, Joe, Dustin, Dan, Jay, Scott


On Sunday we greeted 15 guests from various points of the globe including, Russia, USA, Canada and, Switzerland. After they arrived they were introduced to their cabins and then assisted as they set up their dive gear and camera equipment and such before dining on a fantastic spread laid out by Chef Dan and then they were presented with the vessel orientation and safety briefing before heading off to bed to get a good night rest before beginning an amazing week of diving in Palau.


Our first dive was a wreck! Beginning with the Teshio Maru, a WW2 wreck that got sunk outside the lagoon has great visibility and lots of life. On the 350 foot wreck we spotted a couple of nudibranchs and, Xeno crabs. Our second dive was also a wreck. The Helmet Wreck is another WW2 wreck that was sunk in the lagoon today the visibility was awesome. On the wreck we saw a nice pretty barramundi grouper and a couple of small shrimps. After the dive we got back on the skiff and cruised through the rock island to catch up to the big boat that was headed to German channel area. Once we caught up with the big boat we enjoyed a delicious lunch prepared by the chef. We then made our way to the next dive site called Ferns wall. The wall is just filled with huge sea fans and soft coral and as we looked closer we spotted quite a few nudibranchs and some flatworms. Our final dive of the day was on German Channel. We had no manta action in the channel today but we did find an incredible Ornate Ghost Pipefish. After the dive we made our way back to the big boat to have some dinner.


On our second day we started the day bright and early at Blue Holes. We decended down into a small opening that turned into a huge cavern with beautiful light rays shining in thru the many holes. Guests got to see 3 Disco Clams tucked away in the walls of the cavern. After leaving the blue holes we watched many sharks along the wall. Next we dove Blue Corner also our first hook-in dive and it did not disappoint! Off the drop-off we saw a parade of sharks, rainbow runners, jacks, and schooling black snapper. The resident napoleon wrasse snuck up from behind looking for attention and posed for a few morning photos. For our third dive we went to Barnums Wall where we admired the gorgeous corals and saw many more turtles! Our fourth dive was BIG drop off, another beautiful relaxing dive where we spotted more small critters and a few more turtles to add up the count. The same sight was also the destination for our night dive.


On Wednesday morning we started at Virgin Blue holes. We descended into the tunnel and enjoyed the light rays shining down into the tunnel. The dive was just filled with exciting critters and huge variety of beautiful soft and hard corals and a very large giant clam, and a leaf scorpion fish. Our next dive at New Drop Off had quite a bit of current at the hook in area. We drifted over the pristine hard corals along the wall and past many sharks. On the third dive we headed to Turtle Cove, a spectacular wall dive with amazing big sea fans and of course more turtles and sharks. Next we tried our luck at German Channel. This time the Mantas were feeding near the surface. We watched as 4 mantas cruised back and forth at the channel entrance using the incoming tide to feed. After we headed back to the big boat and enjoyed a very delicious meal prepared by the chef. German Coral Garden was another spectacular night dive where we spotted a beautiful cuttlefish and some very cool creatures of the night.


Thursday! After a big breakfast we headed off to Blue Corner where we found several sharks, a few Tuna and lots of turtles as we explored the plateau. On the second dive we explored Ngemelis Wall. We drifted along the wall where we saw several nudibranchs, a barramundi grouper being cleaned, a napoleon wrasse and cruising grey reef sharks. After our second dive we started up the big boat and headed to Wonder Channel. Our third dive was at Wonder Channel. We saw lots of cool creatures at Wonder Channel. There were loads of Pipefish, Nudibranchs, and beautiful corals as we drifted thru the channel. Later we went for a snorkel at the world famous Jellyfish Lake where we swam with the millions of mesmerizing stingless jellies. We also swam along the lakes edge and checked out the predacious anemones along the shoreline. Our night dive was on Clam City. There are at least 30 huge Clams each at least over 100 years old. We found a scorpion fish and a few nudibranchs as we cruised thru the clams.   


On Friday Captain Zach fired up the engines bright and early and motored the big boat up to Ulong Island where we will do the rest of our diving. The first dive took us to Siaes Tunnel for a morning exploration of the gigantic cave streaming with light through the windows that look out to the deep blue. Along our lazy drift we passed by the stunningly colorful wall and were buzzed by a few sharks plus a friendly hawksbill turtle. Our second dive took us to Siaes Corner for some great shark action, a bump head parrot fish, schooling Moorish idol and Barracudas. Dive Three was at Sandy Paradise for some amazing coral formations including big tabletop hard corals. Lots of cool critters to check out along the way including nudis, leaf scorpion fish, pipefish, an octopus, a few dogtooth tuna, sleeping white tips in the sand patches, and a huge school of glossy eyed soldierfish. Our fourth dive was the famous Ulong channel. The current was in the process of switching so we dropped in on the giant clams and drifted down the channel from the inside out, an interesting way to see the famous channel.


On Saturday morning, We did our first dive on the Iro Maru. This is the best Wreck dive in Palau. The wreck is outside the lagoon so the visibility is good and the wreck is covered in beautiful corals. There was a large school of Horse Eye Jacks swimming around the kingposts as we descended down to the wreck. Our last dive was at nearby Chandelier Caves where we explored the four chambers and weird stalactite formations inside surfacing for a breath or two in the air pockets along the way. On the reef just outside the cave entrance we watched mandarin fish scurry around along with pajama cardinal fish between the shallow corals for the rest of the dive. After that, it was back for lunch and time to assist our guests with rinsing their gear. Later that evening, we all met for a few cocktails to look back on the week and share some diving stories before heading out to dinner at the nearby local restaurants.

We said farewell on Sunday morning and helped our guests with transfers to their hotels and flights. It was another wonderful week aboard the Palau Aggressor II with fantastic guests that we look forward to diving again with soon!