|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Palau Aggressor II :


Log Date: Sunday, Apr 19, 2015
Entry By: Palau Aggressor Crew


Palau Aggressor Charter Apr 19-26, 2015
Water Temp: 79-84 deg F
Air Temp: 78-86 deg F

Crew:  Zach, Christy, Dan, Jay, Hector, Joe and Ripon

Sunday afternoon our 17 guests for the week showed up and were welcomed aboard the Palau Aggressor 2.  The crew helped set up the gear and then the guests were given a safety briefing from the Captain.  After the briefing the guests enjoyed a delicious vegetarian meal prepared by Christy.  After dinner the guests headed off to bed, excited to begin the wonderful week of diving in Palau.

         On Monday morning we departed the dock and headed to a mooring inside the lagoon. We then hopped on the skiff and headed towards a plane wreck for our checkout dive. The second dive we did was Chandelier Caves were we entered a cave and were able to surface in a couple air pockets to check out the cool stalactite formations. The third dive we headed over to short drop off where we saw some sharks. The fourth dive we skiffed over to light house channel to experience some screaming current.

      On Tuesday morning, bright and early, we headed over to the famous Ulong Island.  Our first day at Ulong we went to Siaes corner for our first hook in dive where we saw a couple of Pygmy Sea Horses and then hooked in for the first time and enjoyed the sharks and pelagic life cruising in the current. The 2nd dive took us over to Shark city in the hopes of sighting a big shark.  Unfortunately there were only small grey reefs. The 3rd dive brought us to sandy paradise were we spotted some Bumphead Parrot fish, Leaf Scorpion fish and Nudibranchs, Peacock Razor fish, and Rock Mover Wrasse are all hiding for the macro lovers to find! .  An incoming tide provided a moderate current for our fourth and last dive of the day.  Upon approaching the mouth of Ulong Channel we hooked in and prepared our cameras for the action to come.  After only a minute or two multiple Grey Reef Sharks passed by just off the edge coming very close to the divers.

 On Wednesday morning Captain Zach fired up the motors and headed down south to German channel.  Our 1st dive was out around Ngemelis Island to the most talked about site here in Palau, Blue corner! The current was running quite strong so we hooked in and just off the drop-off we saw a parade of sharks, Rainbow Runners, Jacks, and schooling Grey Snapper. The resident Napoleon Wrasse snuck up from behind looking for attention and posed for a few morning photos. Dive two was over to New Drop Off where we encountered countless butterflies, quite a few sharks, schooling snappers and a huge turtle, two curious Napoleon Wrasse and we witnessed a Giant Dogtooth Tuna come in for his breakfast! Dive three was the beautiful Blue Holes, located nearby Blue Corner, basically diving two sites in one.  We jumped into one of four holes on top of the reef that all lead into one massive chamber, we swam to the bottom at about 27 meters. Looking up, we saw the beautiful beams from the sun shining down through the holes which made very good photos. We then spotted a couple of Disco Clams (electric scallops) then just outside the exit we found not one but two Pygmy Seahorses!  After the cool sighting we ventured down the wall towards Blue Corner.  Cruising along the wall we saw a couple of sharks, Jacks, Black Snappers, Barracuda, and three big Napoleon Wrasses. Our fourth dive of the day was at Turtle Cove where we chanced upon a few turtles and a few sharks as we drifted by the acres of soft corals, sea fans, and Gorgonians and just enjoyed our best soft coral covered wall.
Early Thursday morning we headed to German Channel for our first dive in hopes of seeing a Manta Ray. With our fingers crossed we jumped in and swam to the cleaning station and stayed for a while, unfortunately no manta showed up, but a massive Dogtooth Tuna turned up as well as a couple of grey reefs and small white tips. Dive two we headed over to Canyons where we spotted a Crocodile Fish. For the 3rd dive we drove the skiff back to Blue Corner because the 1st time was too good. We jumped in on the incoming side and the current was ripping, our bubbles were moving sideways and action was non-stop. There were sharks and marine life everywhere!  The 4th dive we decided to take it easy and do a wall dive called Ferns Wall. A beautiful site with huge sea fans sticking out the wall and our guests were very lucky to spot an Ornate Eagle Ray! A very RARE sighting!

On Friday, we headed back to German channel for another try with the Manta Rays, unfortunately no mantas.  But we did manage to spot a very cool Robust Pipe Fish. Round two we went back to New Drop Off by request. There the divemaster jumped to check the current and determined that it was ripping so we jumped in along the wall and cruised to the hook in area in no time. Once hooked in we enjoyed the pelagic life resting in the current. During lunch the big boat motored back to Ulong by popular demand. There we did our last two dives, Siaes Tunnel and Ulong Channel. At the tunnel we spotted some rare resident Dart Fish. At the channel the current was out going so we did the dive inside out. We started at the Giant Clams and over to the massive patch of Lettuce Coral and out the channel. After the dive we came back to the big boat for sum relaxation and dinner.

On Saturday morning we went for a snorkel at Jellyfish Lake where we swam with the millions of mesmerizing stingless jellies plus checked out the predacious anemones along the shoreline. Upon returning to the skiff, Joe took us on his world famous tour through the Rock Islands. After the tour we came back to the big boat and enjoyed a nice lunch prepared by Christy, and watched Dans video of the week. Later that day we gather around the salon for some drinks and snacks and looked back on the wonderful week we had. A slide show was prepared by Hector and included all of the sights from this weeks trip.  That evening the crew helped the guests load their luggage onto the shuttle bus and said our final good bye, as we waved farewell to yet another amazing group of people. Hope to see you guys soon! THE END!!!