|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Palau Aggressor II :


Log Date: Sunday, Jan 29, 2017
Entry By: Palau Aggressor Crew


Palau Aggressor Charter January 29- February 5 2017

Water Temp: 80-85 deg F

Air Temp: 85-90 deg F

Crew: Dan, Shea, Angelo, Hector, Ronnie, Editha, Joe

On Sunday afternoon we welcomed onboard our new dive buddies from around the World. Once they were checked in, and helped to set up their gear, the guests were given a safety briefing from the Captain followed by a delicious dinner, prepared and served by Ronnie and Editha. Afterwards it was then time to get a good night’s sleep. You need to be well rested before beginning a wonderful week of diving in Palau.

Having made our way to the reef on Sunday night, we awoke on Monday morning with a new view of Ulong Island. After breakfast we did our check out dive on Ulong coral Garden. We did our Second dive at Siaes Tunnel and found a very rare ( in Palau) Painted Frog Fish, some Helfrichs dart fish and some Black and White butterfly fish. After lunch we checked out the Leaf Scorpion fish at Sandy Paradise and did our first hook in of the week at Ulong Channel. After enjoying the Shark show at the Hook in site, we drifted easily down the Channel checking out the Lettuce Coral and Giant Clams.

On Tuesday Morning we found ourselves at Blue Corner, before breakfast and had a good display from the Grey Reef Sharks at the hook in, and the checked out the three Eagle Rays back on the Plateau. After breakfast we went to Blue Holes and saw some Disco Clams buried in the side of the Cavern. After lunch we dived at Barnums Wall and then went to German Channel were we saw a Manta Ray at the cleaning station.

Wednesday we an early dive at Turtle cove, a beautiful wall covered in some spectacular soft corals. After breakfast we motored down to Peleliu, and did or first dive in the South on Purple Beach, which has some massive sea fans down deep. After lunch we enjoyed some good vis at West Wall and Orange Beach produced plenty of Turtles for some photo opportunity.

First thing on Thursday we did a great dive at German Channel and were blessed with three feeding Mantas, a large feather tail ray and an Octopus! Blue Corner followed a hearty breakfast. Sharks, Barracuda, Jacks, Napoleon Wrasse , Eagle rays, and so much more, easy to understand why this dive site has the reputation it does as it never disappoints. In the afternoon we did New Drop Off and Canyons, and finished the day off nicely with a night dive at German Coral Garden.

Having encountered some very rare fish in Siaes Tunnel on Monday, we decided to go back for another look on Friday. We didn’t actually find what we were looking for, but we did see some other rare species instead! On our second dive at Siaes Corner we were hooked in watching a spectacular show of around a hundred schooling Sharks, and half a dozen or so Turtles. We made our way back up to Malakal during lunch, and changed up the scenery with a Wreck dive on the Helmet Wreck. Unlike many wrecks in Palau, which were salvaged after the war, the Helmet wreck wasn’t discovered until the eighties. As a result the divers can find many artifacts like sake bottles, weapons, cooking pots and gas masks on the wreck. We also found some saw blade shrimp and a couple of crocodile fish. For our last dive of the day we went to Chandelier Caves. A small cave with three air pockets inside allows the guest to dive down into the dark but then surface every few minutes to take photos of the beautiful stalactites that hang from the ceiling. After exiting the cave we had a bit of time to explore the area just underneath the skiff. Mandarin Fish swim around in the coral rubble and the Scorpion Devil Fish slowly trudges along the bottom.

Saturdays dive included another Wreck, the Teshio Maru, and a fun drift down Light house channel. The guests were quite famished after the morning excursion and were presented with a delicious lunch to fuel back up before heading to town for a few hours of exploring. Just after six o’clock the guests turned up in the salon and sat down for a drink with the crew. We all exchanged stories from the week and enjoyed a slideshow put together by the photo pro. After about an hour the guests were on their way to town for an evening of dinner and dancing off the boat.

Sunday morning at eight o’clock. Some of the guests will be returning home while others will continue their travels throughout the Pacific. Either way we wish everyone a safe trip and we cannot wait until you return to dive with us again. Thanks for the great week!!