|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Rock Islands Aggressor :


Log Date: Sunday, Feb 12, 2017
Entry By: Rock Islands Aggressor Crew


Sunday afternoon we welcomed aboard 14 guests from all around the world. We started with a quick introduction to the staterooms and then on the dive deck, everyone set up their dive gear. Once we checked certification cards and checked in we headed up stairs to covered the vessel safety briefing and soon after we have dinner prepared by our Chef Ronnie. After dinner guests sat down in front of television set and watched Living Eden, a movie about Palau and what to expect diving here.


   Very early Monday morning we welcomed on our last 2 guests on board. After breakfast, we gathered around the TV in the salon for the general dive briefing before heading off on our first dive at the Helmet Wreck. This wreck sits right side up in the harbor. She was found in 1988, so she was not salvaged after the war and still has a lot of artifacts on her. We descended down the mooring line and onto the wreck. We went all the way down to the bow of the wreck, saw the helmets and depth charges and other artifacts. For dive number two we headed to the wreck of Hafa Adai. We start the dive at the bottom and making loops all the way to the top of the wreck looking for macro life. We saw Nudibranch, Lion fish, and lots of fusiliers. During lunch the Rock Islands Aggressor moved out towards Wonder channel. Our third dive was Wonder Channel, one of muck dive here in Palau. We started the dive shallow on the right but current switch so fast that we can do anything but to turn around and end the dive doing shallow on the left. As we explore the reef we saw lots of macro life such as nudibranch, pipefish, and lots of variety of tropical fish. Our last dive of the day was at Clam city. We started the dive doing a live drop and descended down the sloping coral and sandy bottom. We then go shallow on the right and followed where the sandy bottom met the coral garden. We found the three chromodoris coi, the group of giant clam and more little fish like damsels to end the dive. We returned to the big boat and soon after, dinner was ready. After dinner we covered the last presentation about Reef Hook.    


     Tuesday early morning Captain Ike start the engine and we make our way to German channel outside and our first dive was at Blue corner. We did live drop and descended down to the wall on our right hand side. Approaching the hook in area we slowly ascend to the top of the reef and hooked in. There was a surge so couple times the hook come off the reef. We stay at the hook in until 40 minutes of the dive watching the sharks, dog tooth tune, Spanish mackerel, school of fusilier and red tooth trigger fish in front of us while behind us a big school of chevron barracuda, napoleons, school of Moorish idol and more. Our second dive was at New Drop Off. The current was outgoing and we lightly drifted to the hook in area. We hooked in around the cut on the outgoing side and had one grey reef shark swimming by in front of the divers. We then unhooked and explored the plateau. We took photos with some very friendly turtles, the school of blue lined snapper. After lunch our third dive was at Turtle Cove. We started the dive by descending down through the hole on top the reef and in the cavern we spotted a disco clam then went out along the wall. We spotted a lot of macro life along the wall and some turtles on top the corner. On our fourth dive we went to German Channel. We started the dive from the Koror side of the channel. We stopped at the red anemone and continued to the first cleaning station. We waited for a while and we saw a manta. We headed across the mouth of the channel. At the Peleliu side cleaning station we sat down and watched some grey reef sharks getting cleaned and a manta swing by again. We turned around and we back to the middle of the channel and drifted in to end our dive. After dinner our night dive was at Big drop off. We started the dive at the mooring and saw the ball and chain hanging on the wall. We continue the dive wall on the right seeing lot of critters like crabs, shrimp, nudibranch, slipper lobster and more.


     Early Wednesday morning the big boat started motoring down to Peleliu. When we arrived at south dock we secured the boat and start our first dive at Peleliu corner. The current was incoming and we started the dive wall on the right. Before we reached the hook in area the current pick up. We hooked in for quite long time because of the strong current while sharks and school of fish swimming by then we finally let go and drifted to end the dive. After the dive 4 guests went on the Peleliu WWII land tour to explore the sights of one of the bloodiest battles of WWII. The remaining guests went Barrack’ Point on West wall. A beautiful wall covered with small yellow soft coral. Lots of critter on the wall, scorpion fish, flat worm, nudis and anemones and big fish in the blue like sharks and tuna. After lunch we dove Barrack’s Point this is one of the most beautiful coral gardens in Palau. This site is just covered with schools of tropical fish. We spotted turtles, a couple reef sharks and barracudas. Fourth dive was Orange beach coral garden, another beautiful place with formation of mixed hard coral and soft coral like Barrack’s Point. We started the dive shallow on the right. We saw artifacts like bullets, bomb and landing craft. Some of the guest we’re lucky to spot the whip tail ray, eagle ray and sea snake. We come back to the boat and eat dinner and for the night dive we headed out back to Orange beach coral garden to see it at night. We drop and just go with the flow of current. We enjoyed the dive with beautiful coral garden mixed up with lots of sleeping fish, shrimp and crabs. After the night dive we motor up the Big boat coming back to German channel area.


     On Thursday we head back to German channel for our first dive. This time we started the dive at Peleliu side. We saw feather tail ray on the first cleaning station. Swam across the mouth of the channel and we saw Marble ray. We reach the second cleaning station and sat there for a while but not lucky this time to see manta. So we drifted the channel to end our dive. Second dive and we do another repeat dive to Blue corner. There still a lot to see. School of fusilier, red tooth trigger, barracuda, snapper, tuna and this time three baby eagle ray. We come back to the boat and have lunch. After lunch we dive Blue holes. With still small swell we manage to start our dive entering the holes on top of the reef. Explore the cavern and saw disco clam and juvenile midnight snapper inside the cavern. After we come out we explore the wall on the right and end our dive to blue corner. For our fourth dive we head to Fern’s wall together with our two guests who want to snorkel. We tied to a mooring and the divers start the dive drifting wall on the right. Beautiful wall with lots of soft coral and big sea fans. Anemones and turtles on the wall too. We come back to the big boat have dinner and for our night dive we gone to German channel coral garden. We started at the mooring on Koror side and put the shallow on the right. We saw Cuttle fish and twin spot lion fish and some critters too.


     On Friday early in the morning Capt. Ike start the boat heading to Ulong island. When we get there we secured the big boat and head out to start our dive at Ulong channel. We tied the skiff at the mooring and start our dive. When we reach the mouth of the channel we hooked in and sat there for a while. We saw sharks and trevally swimming by. Not much current so we drifted into the channel earlier than we expected. Inside the channel while drifting we saw more sharks, school of big eyed crescent tail, beautiful patch of lettuce coral and two giant clams to end the dive. For our second dive we went to Siaes tunnel. We enter the water and head to the entrance of the tunnel. Inside the tunnel we saw several white tip sharks both sleeping and swimming inside. Lots of decorated dart fish a good addition to the tunnel. We exit the tunnel and go wall on the right to end our dive in the shallow with lots of tropical fish hanging around shallow reef. Fourth dive we went to Sandy Paradise, we started the dive at the mooring drop down to 70 feet or 21 meters. This is the depth where the sandy bottom and sloping coral garden meets. We saw leaf fish, anemones, sharks, octopus and school of barracudas and jacks on this dive. We returned to the big boat and motor up to Malakal Harbor while we enjoyed another fine meal prepared by our chef Ronnie and after dinner we watched the video of the charter.


     We woke up Saturday morning with the big boat in the vicinity of Malakal harbor. Our first excursion was The Iro. We tied up to a mooring and start our dive. Went down at the bow of the wreck and explore bow area with big gun and cargo hold. Then we swim on top of the deck all the way to the stern and check out the big gun stern, after we went up to the top of the mast with lots of tomato anemone together with anemone fish. Went back to the bow to end the dive. For second dive we did a quick turnaround and headed out to Chandelier Cave with 12 guests. All the divers surfaced in all four air chambers to take photos of the stalactites and outside the cave we found the mandarin fish. After an afternoon of cleaning, drying and packing scuba gear. At 6pm we gathered in the salon for the cocktail party and watched a photo slideshow of the week and soon after all the guests headed off into town for dinner and pick them up at 9pm after.


     Sunday morning we said our goodbyes to our guests as they headed off to their hotels and excursions for today. We would like to thank everyone for joining us this week and hope to see you all again soon.


         -Rock Islands Aggressor Crew