|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Rock Islands Aggressor :


Log Date: Sunday, Jul 30, 2017
Entry By: Rock Islands Aggressor Crew


Sunday afternoon we welcomed aboard 17 guests from around the world. We started with a quick introduction to the staterooms and then on the dive deck, everyone set up their dive gear. Once everyone was checked in, we headed up stairs to cover the vessel orientation & safety briefing and soon after we sat down to dinner prepared by our Chef Ronnie. After dinner we watched Living Eden to show the guest what to expect to see on this charter.  


   Early Monday morning we started moving the big boat towards Ulong Island and after breakfast we gathered around the TV in the salon for the general dive briefing and headed down to the dive deck. We moved the guests gear out to the skiff and headed out to Sandy Paradise for our first dive. We started from the mooring and descended down the slopping coral garden. We bottomed out where the coral garden meets the sand at 80 feet, we waited around the big rock that has been used as a cleaning station, and Shark came in to be cleaned. We then went along where the coral garden meets the sand and stopped at a rock outcropping, there are two beautiful anemones here and also some friendly cleaner wrasse. A couple of the guests got a quick touch up. Then further down the reef we stopped and found the leaf scorpion fish and mantis shrimp. For the rest of the dive we saw schools of fish and some sharks. Back at the big boat, snack was ready and after we covered the reef hook briefing on how to use reef hooks because our next dive was at Ulong Channel. Our second dive was at Ulong Coral Garden. We descended down the mooring and headed out to the wall. When we reach the mouth of the channel we hooked in and watched the show. The current wasn’t too strong, later we unhooked and drifted down the channel seeing the lettuce coral and ended the dive at the two giant clams. Back to the big boat for lunch and after we went out to Ulong Coral Garden North for third dive. We started the dive from the furthest mooring from the mouth of the channel and went shallows on the left. We stopped at the cheek and saw some sharks in the blue, continued into the coral garden and found the one giant clam. We did swim around the coral garden to end the dive. Our Forth dive was Ulong Coral Garden South. We started the dive at the Mooring just outside Ulong Channel and drifted wall on the left. In the beginning we so Octopus in the hole and followed by juvenile midnight snapper just few yards from the octopus. We saw a lot of fish in the blue as we drift alongside the wall mostly fusilier, black snapper and unicorn fish. We then come up shallow to the coral garden area and end the dive there. We returned to the big boat and soon after, dinner was ready. After dinner we watched a fish ID presentation on the fish we normally find here in Palau.    


     Tuesday morning we started our day diving Siaes Tunnel. We tied the skiff off at the mooring and descended down to the entrance of the tunnel. Through the tunnel we saw fish swimming upside down, decorated dart fish, nudibranchs and beautiful sea fans. We exited the tunnel and went out along the wall seeing a couple of sharks in the blue and turtles. We came up along the top of the reef to do our safety stop and watch all the anthias dancing on top the reef. Our second dive was at Siaes corner. We did the outgoing side of the corner, started from the mooring and drifted along. We took photos of the beautiful sea fans that line the wall and hooked in at the corner. The current to pick up, there was a large group of sharks off in the blue and it come close. We later unhooked and explored the plateau to end our dive. During lunch the big boat moved over to the German Channel area and we left by skiff to our third dive at Big drop Off. We started the dive wall on the right. We saw a lot of turtles, leaf fish and lots of anemones. The current switch so we turn around and saw Spotted Eagle ray. We end our dive up in the shallow and the boat collected us. Turtle Cove for our forth dive. We started by the hole on top the reef and descended down the chimney. We saw a disco clam then exited the semi chamber. We drifted along the wall looking for macro life. This wall is covered with soft and hard corals. When we reach the corner, we came up on top the reef to explore. We saw a couple of turtles and some nudibranchs and lots of fish. After dinner our first night dive was at German Channel. We started from the mooring away from the mouth of the channel and headed out along the reef. As we drifted along the slopping coral garden current switch so we turn around, we found nudibranchs, lionfish, two plorabranchs, white tip shark, and much smaller macro life.

     Wednesday morning we woke and started the day with our first dive at the world famous Blue Corner, the current was incoming and we started with the wall on our right. We hooked in at the 45 feet and watched the show. The current was moving pretty well and we held on to our reef hooks and watched the parade of sharks, snapper, jacks, trigger fish and more. We spent most of the dive at the hook in area with the strong current, unhooked and shot across the plateau to start our safety stop. German Channel for our second dive. We started the dive from the Peleliu side of the channel and went down the line and along the bottom to the Peleliu side cleaning station. We waited for a while and mantas came in to be cleaned. We swim across the mouth of the channel and saw a school of jacks, barracudas and snapper. We turned around and in the middle of the channel we drifted in to end our dive. On the way back to the big boat we saw manta swimming out to the mouth of the channel. After lunch we dive New Drop Off, we started in outgoing side. We saw lots of pyramid butterfly fish and red tooth triggers and fusilier swimming in the blue waiting and eating of the planktons on our way to hook in area. We then hook in not for a long time and start exploring the top of the reef where we saw peacock flounder, bumphead, barracuda and nudibranch. End our dive in the blue while drifting and doing safety stop. For our fourth dive we went to Fern’s Wall. A beautiful wall in my opinion. We start at the mooring and go wall on the left but the current switch real quick so we turn around and drifted wall on the right instead. We saw marble ray resting in the crack, turtle follows us the entire dive, several nudibranch as well. We do our safety stop close to the wall but swim real far away because of the surf close to the wall. After dinner we went back to Big Drop Off to see how this dive site looks at night. We start at the ball and chain doing a live drop. All the cup coral comes out to feed and turns the wall into a beautiful mixture of orange and yellow. We also found a slipper lobster and a couple of yellow hairy hermit crabs out walking around also along the top of the wall we found several common lion fish and twin spot lion fish which is really a good find.


     Thursday morning we go out and try to do Blue Corner but the wind pick up and make the water condition real rough. So we turn around and do Ngemelis Wall instead. We drifted along the wall on the right and at the beginning we saw Leopard shark. We continue a long exploring the wall and make it to Ball and Chain part of Big Drop Off. When we got there we turn around because the current switch. After we swim away from the wall make sure we are not too close to the island so the boat can collect us. Second dive we go back to German Channel. This time we start in Koror side. Stop at the cleaning station for a while. We then swim to the other side to check what is going on the other cleaning station. Stop to show the cleaner shrimp, shrimp and goby, and more critters along the way. While doing that one diver (Michael) is lucky enough to saw manta and catch it on video. The rest of the group went back to the mouth of the channel and drifted inside and finish the dive. After lunch we go to Barnum’s wall. We start the dive wall on the right. Drifting along the wall we saw several turtles swimming in the blue and some resting at the wall. We then pass by to sloping coral garden where we saw variety of tropical fish, anemone, nudibranch and more. We end the dive on the wall and swim into the blue water to exit. The forth dive was Alexy’s Coral Garden. Live drop for our entry and this one is sloping bottom. We saw several lobster, juvenile fish like bicolor parrot and spade fish. We also see turtles and Spanish mackerel. After dinner our last night dive was at German Coral Garden. We started at the mooring close to the red anemone and then we drifted shallow on the right. We saw flat worm, lion fish, mantis shrimp and some other shrimps, sharks and grouper hunting too. End the dive and come back to the big boat.


     On Friday we started the day out with beautiful dive in Blue holes. We start the dive in the blue water because of the surf we cannot enter from the top going down to the Cavern so we use the exit as our entrance along the wall. Inside we saw disco clam, lion fish and hermit crab. Also divers are taking time exploring and taking picture of the beautiful place under water. After the cavern we go out and head down to blue corner. Along the wall we saw nudibranch, turtles, sharks in the blue and more. Time is not enough so we did not hook in and finished our safety stop in the blue water. Second dive we go out again and dive at the famous Blue Corner again. This time the current was outgoing to start and it was strong so we dropped in closer to the hook in area. We hooked in with the strong current some diver struggle to hook in and some really enjoy the ride. We saw lots of shark at the hook in and we spent more time at the hook in watching all this fishes swimming in front of the group. There’s trevally, napoleon wrasse, turtle, jack, barracuda, unicorn, trigger, fusilier and more. After the hook in we shoot on the top of the reef and end the dive in the blue water. After lunch we return down to Blue Corner vicinity and dive Dexter’s Wall. Another beautiful wall. This dive site aside from being lots of soft coral and sea fans along the wall you can also see lots of turtles and lots of critters along the wall. And off course in the blue we saw couple sharks. For our last dive we went back to Turtle Cove. We start the dive close to the mooring. Some of the diver went through the chimney and some follows me to the swim through and some just decide to drop down along the wall. While inside the small cavern we saw several nudibranches. Then we proceed and drifted shallow on the right. Wall is really pretty especially with all polyps of the soft and hard coral are feeding. On our way to the corner we saw different kind of beautiful nudibranchs like chromodoris coi, notodoris minor and gardener. When we reach the corner we swim on top and watch all the behavior of the marine life at the area. When we are done with the dive we swim in the blue water to do safety stop. Back at the boat the guests had a few drinks at the boat bar, and soon sat down to our final supper of roast beef, potatoes, mixed veggies, Yorkshire puddings, and salad. After dinner we moved over to the TV and watched our video pros movie of the week.



     Saturday morning the first dive was a special one! We went to Shark City for the spawning of Red Snapper. When we got there we check and they were all spawning so we drop the guest where the big schools of red snapper are. The current is manageable and we still keep up with the red snapper so we watch their behavior until the current pick up later on where the fish tend to swim against the current we try and swim with them until we feel that the current is to much and turn around drifted in the blue instead. While in the blue we saw big school of chevron barracuda and rainbow runners too. On our way back to the big boat the boat pass close Ulong Island so guest can take picture and enjoy the sceneries. Our last dive of the charter was at Chandelier Cave. But before that we took the guest for another rock island tour and we did stop at the Archway to take photos. All the divers (15) surfaced in all four air chambers to take photos of the stalactites and crystal formations that formed on the roof of the cave. Outside the cave we found the mandarin fish, signal gobies, razor fish, and some nudi’s we only see on the inner reef. Back at the big boat the washed and hung up their gear to dry, lunch was soon ready. After lunch we settled the bills and started free time. Some guests went ashore to check email and some went for a massage and at 6pm we gathered in the salon for the beer and wine party and watched a photo slideshow of the week of all the images our photo pro took this week and the guests received the images to take home with them. We wrapped up the party and all the guests went ashore for dinner at a restaurant of their choosing. We picked them up at 9 from dinner and at 10pm we said our goodbyes to three guests as they headed ashore to get a ride to the airport for their early Sunday mooring flight.


Very early Sunday morning we took five guests ashore for his ride to the airport and later, 7am, the rest of the guests woke up to continental breakfast. Just before 8am we loaded up the skiff with luggage, said our final goodbyes and skiffed the guests ashore to transfer them to their hotels for a least an extra day in Palau. We would like to thank everyone for joining us this week and hope to see you all again soon.


         -Rock Islands Aggressor Crew