|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Rock Islands Aggressor :


Log Date: Sunday, Sep 24, 2017
Entry By: Rock Islands Aggressor Crew


     Sunday evening we welcomed aboard 9 guests from USA, France & Estonia. We started with a quick introduction to the staterooms and then on the dive deck, everyone set up their dive gear. Later in the night the remaining 4 guests arrived . We started with a quick introduction to the staterooms and then on the dive deck, everyone set up their dive gear. Once we checked certification cards and checked in we headed up stairs to breakfast prepared by our Chef Ronnie. After breakfast we sat down and covered the vessel safety briefing and general dive briefing.


   Monday morning after general dive briefing our check out dive, was Sandy paradise. We started at the mooring line and drop down where the sloping coral garden and sandy bottom meets. Then we drifted shallow on the right. We have couple of stops along the way. First was the cleaning station where divers can kneeled down and cleaner wrasse will nibble their hands. Second stop was the out rock cropping with hundreds of glassy eye sweeper. Around and on top of it you can see cleaner shrimp, mantis shrimp, and scorpion leaf fish too. Second dive we dive Siaes Tunnel. We start at the mooring line and descended and head to the opening of the tunnel. Work our way to the other opening and before we exit we stop by to look at decorated dart fish and take some photos. When we come out from the tunnel we drifted wall on the right. Back to the big boat for lunch, After lunch we gave a reefhook breafing, Third dive after lunch was Siaes Corner a small corner when we arrived there was no current so no need to hook in but we saw baby eagle rays and sharks and other schooling fish. Fourth dive was Ulong Channel. We drifted wall on the left and then come up to shallow water where the beautiful formation of hard coral. While on the coral garden we saw anemones, sharks, school of jacks and saint clams at the end of the dive.


     Tuesday morning we woke and our first dive was at Ulong Channel. We start the dive at the mouth of the channel. When we hit the water we swim in the channel right away because there was a light to no current. On our way in the channel we encounter sharks, turtles and lots of tropical fish. We also pass the big patch of lettuce coral. The second dive the big boat moved to the German channel area so the next dive was at Big Drop Off. A vertical wall with more of the macro fish to see long nose hawk fish, leaf scorpion fish and a small cave with sleeping white tip sharks. There is also a giant ball and chain left over from the German time here in Palau. We come back to the big boat for lunch and after lunch we dive Turtle cove. We start at the mooring line and do back roll entry to the water. We swim on the surface several yards from the mooring line and we descended at the hole on top of the reef. We end down inside the small cavern and inside we saw nudibranch and disco clam. When we exit we drifted wall on the right. A beautiful wall with lots of colorful sea fans and soft corals. Lots of macro life on the wall to. When corner is getting close we come up on top of the reef and saw lots of school of fish and several turtles mixed up with the fish. Fourth dive we go out to New Drop Off. It was incoming current to we start the dive doing live drop on incoming side of the wall. We drifted wall on the right and when hook in area is getting close we come up to the top of the reef and hook in at the hook in area. Lots of fusilier, pyramid butterfly fish, red toot trigger fish with Spanish mackerel, tuna and sharks mixed in the group. We unhook and drifted on top of the reef where we saw turtles, peacock flounder and moray eel free swimming. We come back to the boat and have dinner and after dinner our night dive was on German coral garden. We tie the boat at Koror side and do our entry. We then drifted inside the channel. We saw shrimps, crabs and nudibranch.

     On Wednesday we started the day with German Channel, We started the dive on the Koror side of the channel started at the red anemone and made our way to the cleaning stations we were not lucky, until the last 15 minutes of the dive where we found a crocodile fish and the manta ray showed up. Dive two Blue corner, We started the dive on the outgoing side of the corner, lost of schooling fish in the blue at the hook in area the current changed so all the fish and the divers moved to the other side of the corner, on the way the napoleon wrasse showed up and we found a crocodile fish in the sandy channel, we ended the dive at the tip of the corner with blue line snapper. Dive four headed back to the Blue corner area for Blue Holes, due to the swell we dropped in the blue and did a surface swim over one of the holes and dropped down to a large cavern. In the holes we found disco clams and hermit crabs, and took in the rays of sun light entering the cavern a great photo! When we left the holes wall on the left towards blue corner saw many sharks and schooling tropical fish. Fourth dive was Ferns wall this was a great dive many nudibranchs where seen and another crocodile fish a record almost 1 a dive. After dinner the night dive was at Big drop off the wall color comes a live at night with the corals feeding, a few flat worms were seen and may different types of shrimp crabs that come out at night.



     Thursday morning we made the trip down to Peleliu, First dive was famous Peleliu corner and we start in Peleliu Express the name of incoming side of the corner. Live drop on this one and this time we drop in the blue water because current is moving. We drifted wall on the right. We hooked in it was a medium to strong current we all enjoyed feeling of flying on our reef hooks. It was a nice ride on the current as we saw sharks, turtles and big groupers. When we run out of reef and being drifted in the blue we start our ascent and finished the safety stop to end the dive. During dive Two 8 of the group went on the Peleliu WWII Land tour a tour of the island by bus showing the airfield and bloody nose ridge and the museum. Second dive was West wall for the remaining 5. It was nice visibility, we start wall on the right. A beautiful wall vertical up and down. The wall covers with small yellow soft coral. Scorpion fish, nudis and more macro life on the wall. We saw sharks, tuna, turtles and school of fusilier in the blue. At the end of the dive we come up at the edge of the drop off where there is lots of variety of anthias. We did our safety stop in this area and swim in the blue for final ascend. We come back to the boat for lunch. The third dive was at Orange Beach, this is the beach the Americans landed on September 15th 1944, we started shallow water on our right found many bullets landing craft bombs and old coke bottles left from the war. A eagle ray and two feather tail rays were also seen the coral garden I now a beautiful dive. When we got back to the big boat in South Dock we found 8 eagle rays swimming in the dock area and a rope jelly fish. Dive Four Barracks point, the current was moving a little so we started with a wall then turns in to beautiful coral garden where you can find 4-5 giant clams and lot and lots of turtles. During this dive the big boat made its way back to the German channel area, Our last night dive Turtle cove, just like the day this is a great night dive with basket stars and so many soft coral that look so colorful at night the wall looks yellow in places because of all the yellow cup coral.


     On Friday we started the day out at Blue Corner. Still out going so we start the dive at outgoing side. Come down to the wall and continue drifting to the hook in area. We hook in for quite a while with sharks and school of fish in front of us. Same as usual the friendly Napoleon wrasse where sneaking and checking all the divers. When we unhook we explore the top of the reef. We saw school of barracudas, snappers, bunch of turtles and more. Second dive we come back to German channel. We started at Peleliu side and went to the cleaning station there was a manta ray but it left waited couple minutes and then watched some gray reef sharks being cleaned. We then swim back to the center and drifted inside the channel to end the dive. Come back to the big boat for lunch and after lunch we head out to Virgin Blue Holes this is a dive starting with a hole on the reef going to 95 ft then it’s a 100ft horizontal tunnel leading out to a wall. Then going shower the wall turns in to large canyons you can swim in and out of the rocks with some swim throughs. Dive four Barnum’s wall. We start the dive right at the beginning of the sloping coral garden. And drifted shallow water on the left. Turtles and school of snappers have seen on the area. Guests toke photos of huge sea fan when we reach the wall. We swim in the blue water to do safety stop and right after we ascend and the boat collects us. We come back to the boat for our final suffer prepared by our chef Ronnie. After the dinner the guests sat down on the sofas in front of the television set to watch Jim’s video of the charter while the Big boat was motoring back to Malakal harbor.


     We woke up Saturday morning with the big boat in Malakal harbor site. Our first excursion was Iro. We tied the boat to the mooring line and descended. We stop at the bow where the mooring line was attached. Swim around to check the big gun and took several shots of the bow of the wreck because the visibility is really good. We did continue exploring the top deck of the wreck passing several king post and super structure. We reach the stern and pause there for a while for some picture of the bow gun at the stern. Then we come back to the Tripod, Three king post stick together in top. When we got to the top of the tripod we stay there until the end of the dive looking and taking photos of the tomato anemone covering the most part of the top of the tripod. Second excursion we headed out to Chandelier Cave. 14 of the divers surfaced in all four air chambers to take photos of the stalactites, while the other two just stay outside, and outside the cave we found the mandarin fish. After an afternoon of cleaning, drying and packing scuba gear. At 6pm we gathered in the salon for the cocktail party and watched a photo slideshow of the week and all the guests stay on the boat.


     Very early Sunday morning some of the guests left to the airport for flight home. The rest of the guests had a lie in and had continental breakfast at 7am than at 7:45 we took our guests to shore some of them to their hotels and a few booked kayak tour in the rock islands. We would like to thank everyone for joining us this week and hope to see you all again soon.


         -Rock Islands Aggressor Crew