|  Contact  

Agent Login Press
Aggressor Adventure Travel
Palau Aggressor II :


Log Date: Sunday, Dec 24, 2017
Entry By: Palau Aggressor Crew


Palau Aggressor Charter Dec 24-31 2017

Water Temp: 80-85 deg F

Air Temp: 85-90 deg F

Crew: Scott, Shea, Hector, Ernan, Rippon, Joe and Editha

On Sunday afternoon we welcomed onboard guests from different parts of the world joined together in Palau Aggressor II for an exciting week of diving! The first ones who came were checked in, briefed with their rooms then helped set up their gear then afterwards headed upstairs to the salon to have a briefing from Captain Scott about Palau and the boat. It was followed by a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Shea and Editha then it was time to go to bed. The rest of the guests came in late night and early morning due to their flight schedules.

Christmas morning! Everybody woke up had their breakfasts, greeted and introduced each other then had another briefing about safety. Downstairs the late comers were helped set up their gear and everybody analyzed tanks. As soon as they were finished the crew put the gears on the skiff and we did a check in dive at the German channel where our guests experienced a true Christmas dive with 3 manta rays, sharks, and schools of barracuda, jacks snappers and a whiptail ray. Our second dive was at turtle cove then it was canyons, then turtle cove again for our afternoon dive. We saw a bunch of turtles on each dive as well as some sharks including a tawny nurse shark at canyons.


Early morning on Tuesday, the guests woke up to a new view inside the lagoon of Camp Beck at Peleliu Island. We started the day on a dive at Peleliu Corner were we enjoyed the ride at the “express” side as the current pushed us towards the tip of the corner and saw sharks along the way. The second dive was at West Wall and we explored the beautiful wall and got to see some macro stuff. While some were diving most went on the land tour for some land exploration. The third dive was at Orange Beach, it’s an area very significant to history of Peleliu because it’s were the first Marine Division landed. We spotted some artifacts left over from the war and also a spotted eagle ray, turtles, and schooling Barracuda. Before heading out on the fourth dive the engines started and the skiff was just dropped along the way while the big boat continued on to Turtle Cove area. At Barracks Point everybody took pictures of the giant clams and big friendly turtles and also saw a stonefish and anemone. The dinner was delicious as always and afterwards our night dive was at Turtle Cove. We saw the wall transformed at night as the cup corals start feeding turning the wall bright yellow. There were also plenty of crabs and shrimps with their eyes flashing red as we shine our lights on them.

We woke up to a beautiful morning the next day and went to the famous blue corner for a great dive. The current was mild so we got to explore the plateau, there was a leaf scorpion fish just hanging around close to an anemone and we also spotted a Chromodoris Nudibranch. It was followed by a dive at New Drop Off, we spent few minutes of our bottom time hooked in then drifted along the top of the reef and spotted some turtles, anemone, and the schooling Blue Line Snappers. After lunch we went on the third dive at Blue Holes, we dropped down into one of the holes entering a big cavern and saw the ambient light shining through the holes giving us good photo opportunity. We also saw the disco clam then outside the cavern there was a great barracuda. Then it was two easy wall dives big drop off then Ngemelis wall for the night dive.

The following day after a lovely breakfast we had another dive at Blue Corner hoping to see good action again. And without any disappointment the dive was amazing seeing a great show from the sharks and plenty of cool stuff at the plateau. The second dive was at German Channel this time we started at the Peleliu Side and went on to the cleaning stations and there were so many other groups but we still got to see 4 manta rays. It also didn’t stop us from having a great dive by exploring the beautiful channel again. Then went to Barnum’s Wall were we saw a leopard Shark. Next stop was at German wall with a nice easy breeze to push us down the wall. Then it was German coral garden for the night dive.

Early morning on Friday the engines started and made its way to Ulong area where we did our first dive of the day at Siaes corner. We got into the hook in site and watched the sharks out in the blue we also saw two eagle rays. Dive two was Siaes tunnel; we dropped down to about 80 ft. and went inside of the tunnel just staying close to the ceiling. There we got to see the Blue Back Pygmy Angelfish, and just before we head out to the exit at the bottom we spotted the Decorated Dart fish. Outside of the tunnel we spent the rest of our bottom time drifting along the wall. The lunch was amazing and we did our third dive at Ulong Channel. We headed into the mouth of the channel and got hooked in. After few minutes we unhooked and drifted into the channel, there we saw species of Nudibranchs, Flatworms, and schooling Soldier Fish just before the big stacks of lettuce corals. We continued drifting on top of the reef until we reached the two giant clams and ended our dive. Our last dive of the day was at Sandy Paradise; we dropped down to about 30 ft. and started swimming across the coral garden until we reached the area where the corals and the sandy area meet. We continued swimming along the edge, went onto the rock and hang out with the cleaner wrasses trying to clean our hands. Then we moved on to the next rock were the leaf scorpion fishes live with the mantis shrimps close by as well. After the dive we went back to the boat had dinner then watched the video of the whole trip that Ernan put together.

The last day of the charter was a special planned dive at Shark City. At 5:30 in the morning the bell rung and we all headed to the dive site hoping to see the schooling red snappers that might bring in some bull sharks. And without any disappointment everybody was amazed by thousands of snappers spawning together. Afterwards the skiff chased down the big boat as it was heading back to Koror and had breakfast. Then at Chandelier Cave we explored all the air chambers and checked out the Mandarin Fish at the shallow coral garden outside. After lunch everybody had free time for the whole afternoon, some decided to go on shore and at 6:00 p.m. everybody gathered together again at the salon to have a cocktail part. Everyone had drinks and talked about how great the week while the slide show of all the photos Scott has taken throughout the week was being played on T.V. Then it was time to give out awards and a speech from the captain thanking everybody for a wonderful week of diving.

At 8 o’clock on Sunday morning the remaining guests on board had breakfast and gathered all of their things ready to get off the boat. Everybody said their farewell and went to shore. Until then safe diving and hope to see you again!